Care for pvc windows
Maintenance of PVC windows
- The protective foil of the profiles must be removed immediately after the completion of the final construction and installation works.
A very common mistake after installing PVC windows is not to remove the protective foil for months. During this time, it can burn from the sun to the outside, thus, its removal becomes extremely difficult and there is a risk that part of it will remain on the windows. Another example is when the room is smoking and the protective film is not removed. This leads to a difference in the color PVC of the PVC profile from the exposed part and the part covered with foil. The windows explicitly state that the maximum period for removing the protective film is 3 months. DO NOT use cutting tools, such as knives, spatulas, needles, or other sharp tools, to remove the protective film. Wet the patch with lukewarm water and carefully remove it, using a soft cloth to clean the water.
- At least twice a year, treat with special lubricant or oil for sewing machines the mechanisms for opening and closing the PVC windows , the so-called hardware. This reduces dry friction and ensures a longer life for your windows.
- After construction and installation work, carefully check all parts of the fittings for splashes of lime, cement, mortar and similar building materials. If there are such splashes, remove them, because they can cause functional damage due to blockage of the hardware.
- Check the condition of the rubber seals once or twice a year, paying special attention to the seals on the outside, which are exposed to direct sunlight.
- PVC profiles should NOT be treated with abrasives.
Their use guarantees damage to the surface of the joinery, which can never be restored to its original appearance. Carefully read all the products you will use to clean the windows. Light dirt on the surface of the frames can be cleaned with warm water. In case of heavy pollution, we recommend special cleaners for PVC windows.
Before you start asking yourself questions about moisture and its appearance, you need to know where and how it appears:
- Най-често при домакинска работа – гответе, пране и др.;
- Ако сградата е ново строителство – често се наблюдава поява на влага при нови сгради със северно изложение;
- Водни пари от баня, перално помещение и др.;
- От дишането на човек или животни, както и при стайните растения (през нощта човек отделя средно около 400 г вода);
- Вода и водни разтвори, използвани за почистване.
Where does moisture most often appear in the premises?
- On the windows in the bathroom, kitchen and bedroom;
- In the corners and around them;
- On the wall behind the furniture;
- On the window sills.
Higher humidity is the cause of condensation on the windows.
We therefore recommend that you:
- You often ventilate the rooms in which you live;
- Take care of the good external insulation of your home;
- Install thermal insulation or sun protection glass – this is achieved through the use of LowE (K) or ENERGY glass;
- Consult specialists for the installation of heating appliances